Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Here to Stay




There has been so many moments like this in the past couple of months but I have been way too busy with CA to share them here..

But now that I just finished my exams *yay*
I thought I'd share this post because it was just one those LOL moments..

So, for those who don't know..

I am TERRIBLE cook.

Thank God, I don't usually do the cooking at home :D
but today, Darrel's parents had to go for a wedding dinner. 


His mum asked if we could handle our own dinner, of course I reassured her, now that my CA exams are over.. I can do the cooking.

It is JUST Darrel and I after all - I can do fried rice right? I'm sure I can!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

the LOL moment started when I started cooking the rice..

First I took 2 cups, thought to myself.. "I think 2 cups of rice is TOO little.."

"I mean, Darrel can eat 1 cup of rice! I can eat 1 cup of rice..
that's 2 cups! Then there will be no more for lunch tomorrow.."

So I took 1 more cup..

and thought to myself "hmmm... 3 cups, I think Darrel can eat 2 cups of rice tonight! and there will be none for lunch tomorrow."

I looked in the fridge and found I container of old rice..

and thought "I don't think that's enough for lunch tomorrow, 1 more cup should be JUST right!"

and so I cooked FOUR cups of rice..

FOR 2 PEOPLE!!!

The worst is, I know I could have only fried HALF of that..
BUT NO!!! I kept thinking it's not enough, 

and so in the end, I added ALL the rice..

I don't even know what I was thinking.

It was a bit too late when I realised that OH CRAP! I've got too much rice and too little ingredients!



*haha* anyways, here's a pic of the FINAL product!


we are MOST DEFINITELY going to have enough for lunch tomorrow :) :) :)

LOL

I reckon I subconsciously think I eat like an elephant and Darrel eats like a MONSTER!

4 cups of rice for 2 people!! What were you thinking Nydia???




0 comments:

...Brings You Back

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP